- Inter and Intra protocol comparison
- Graphing and Export to Spread Sheets
Programming in C / C ++ / Java
Network programming is a key skill that enhances student's "employability". Apart from simulation, NetSim features a separate "Programming" menu to help students build skills in these basic mechanisms of computer networking.
- Graphical Representation: Features a custom built UI, for each exercise. This custom UI explains the working of the technology with animation per code progress. When the user links his or her code then the graphs change per the output of the user's code.
- Breadth of Techniques: Covers over 45 exercises including, Assignment of Sites, ARP, CIDR, Cryptography, Distance Vector Routing, Error Detection and correction Codes, Framing Sequence, Socket Programming, Shortest Path Algorithms, Spanning Tree, Transmission Flow Control
- Algorithm, Flow Chart, Pseudo Code & Source Code: Enables the student to get familiar with software design principles, interface guidelines and implementing network programs. They provide a step-by-step understanding of network programming. Provided along with all exercises are working C source code for the faculty. a) The Codes are standard C and compile with GCC b) Programs contain standard API's and code separation into source and header files and c) I/O interface via text files
- De-bugging: Simplifies debugging as users can link their code to NetSim using "Attach to process" and passing NetSim's install path and windows temp folder as command line arguments. Then users can add break points in their code and proceed with debug with step-in, step-out, step-through etc.
NetSim brings the power of simulation right to your desktop. Combine this with real time packet capture, network programming and animated basics, and you have the ideal lab experimentation and teaching software.