NetSim ProfessionalNetSim is an end-to-end, full stack, packet level network simulator and emulator. It provides network engineers with a technology development environment for protocol modeling, network R&D and military communications. The behavior and performance of new protocols and devices can be investigated in an virtual network within NetSim at significantly lower cost and in less time than with hardware prototypes.
NetSim Pro version is suited for commercial (enterprise / defence) customers while NetSim standard and NetSim Academic is targeted at education customers. The version comparison table shows the features available in the different versions.
- Check out Network Libraries which shows the different technologies / protocols covered in NetSim.
- Visit Emulator to understand how NetSim Simulator can be connected to real devices running live applications
- Create network scenarios using NetSim's GUI or using XML config files
- Click and Drop devices, links, application etc into the environment using NetSim's GUI
- Set properties with just a click. Layer-wise parameters can be edited
- Model large and complicated networks using the XML config file which comes with automatic verification
- Run the discrete event simulation (DES) through the GUI or via Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Log packet traces that reports parameters such as arrival time, queuing time, payload, overhead, error etc for every packet as it flows through the network
- Record event traces which logs every single event in the protocol Finite State Machine (FSM) transitions along with associated information like time-stamp, Event ID, Event Type etc.
- Animate packet flow over wired and wireless links
- Color variation for control packets, data packets and error packets
- Control animation with play, pause and simulation time line
- Examine output performance metrics at multiple levels - network, sub network, link, queue, application etc.
- Study a variety of metrics such as throughput, delay, loss, packet error, link utilization... etc.
- Interpret metrics using in-built plots and graphs
- Export packet and event trace files easily to tools like Excel, Notepad etc for post-processing and statistical analysis
- Extend existing algorithms by modifying NetSim's source C code
- Create custom protocols using NetSim's simulation API's
- Interface with other software products
- Debug your code (step-in, step-out, step-over, continue) and watch your variables in sync with simulation
- The external interface allows NetSim to pass the instantaneous network data to an another tool like MATLAB, SUMO etc
- Software program can then run its compute engine and send back information to NetSim
- NetSim will then use this output to carry out its network simulation routines