NetSim is the industry’s leading network simulation software for protocol modeling and simulation, network R&D, and defense applications. It is an end-to-end, full-stack, packet-level network simulator and emulator, providing network engineers with a technology development environment for protocol modeling, network R&D, and military communications.
The Dec release of NetSim (Ver 13.1) rolls out with exciting new features focused on enhanced User Interface, improvements in Wi-Fi, 5G, and so on.
What’s new in UI?
- Your work has been completely redesigned.
- Multiple folder levels are now available for organizing your saved projects.
- Import of experiment files and workspaces redesigned for better collaboration between multiple users.
- Home screen: Sharper fonts. New display of licensed and unlicensed components.
- Experiments and Template examples: the search bar is now available. Short descriptions and scenario images were added for easy understanding.
- Single click switches between workspaces.
- One-click compare code between workspaces.
- Optional installation of third-party tools in the custom mode for a smaller install footprint.
- Third-party tools are now downloaded online and therefore a significantly reduced set-up size.
Wi-Fi 802.11 improvements
- 11 ac now supports aggregation of up to 1024 packets.
- Microsecond to nanosecond round off for 802.11n and 802.11ac transmission time calculations.
- Packets from multiple applications transmitted to different nodes were not aggregated on a per-node basis.
- Incorrect power calculations in virtual interfaces in EDCA.
- UE is out of coverage.
- Beamforming array gain.
Video model enhancements
- New video codes: H.261, H.263, MPEG1 and MPEG2.
- Buffered video (BV1 through BV6) per IEEE 802.11-14/0571r12 standard.
New voice models
- CELP and MELP.
- Propagation models can now be customized by the user.
- NetSim now runs a single TCP RTO Timer for the entire TCP connection. In prior releases, each segment has its own RTO timer
- From v13.1 onwards NetSim will no longer work on x86 (32 bit) processors; only x64 (64 bit) processors are supported.
- 0 exported workspaces (*.netsim_wsp) cannot be imported into v13.1. Users should zip the v13.0 workspace folder and then use the “folder” import option in v13.1.
- Map background is available as an “experimental” feature.