5G NR White Papers
5G NR Physical Layer
- Gain an appreciation for the 5G NR physical layer, i.e., the time-frequency resource
grid in the OFDM access scheme.
- Understand how a packet is transmitted over this OFDM PHY in NetSim, and the assumptions
- Analytically estimate (per 3GPP standards) the application throughput for a simple use-case.
- Simulation and analysis of throughput as different PHY parameters are varied.
5G MIMO Beamforming: MISO & SIMO
- MIMO, MISO, and SIMO
- The Rayleigh fading channel
- Simulate and analyze the relation between beamforming gain and antenna count
- Investigate how throughput varies with antenna count
5G NR (3GPP) Pathloss Models
- Simulate path loss variation with the distance between the UE and the gNB
- Analyze the impact of LOS and NLOS states on path loss
- Investigate path loss variation with gNB height. What is the optimal height of a gNB?